Bread Dough Made in Brooklyn
Whether you're an experienced baker or a novice, Our Brooklyn Bread Dough will help you achieve bakery-quality results in your own kitchen.
All Natural Ingredients. - Flour, Water, Olive Oil, Salt, Sugar and YeastUsing a one-pound portion of bread dough allows home bakers to create a full-size Italian bread. The versatility of this dough size enables bakers to shape it in different ways, and if desired, it can also be divided into smaller portions to make various sizes of loaves.Freshly made and frozen for shipping. NO PO BOXES PLEASE.Full Instructions are included with every order. You can see them here. Creating your own Italian bread with an incredibly delicious taste has never been easier.Taste the Essence of Great Italian Bread: Enjoy the distinct flavor of our bread dough right in your own home, reminiscent of the renowned bakeries of New York City. Delight your loved ones with a loaf of bread that rivals the best bakeries, showcasing your baking skills and dedication.
Order Today: Begin your journey of savoring the authentic taste of New York City by ordering your Brooklyn Bread Dough today.
New York City is known for having some of the finest tap water in the country, thanks to its pristine source and the rigorous treatment process it undergoes.
It can have a distinct impact on the taste and texture of the bread. The mineral content and pH balance of the water can influence the fermentation process, resulting in bread with a characteristic flavor profile that is sought after by both locals and visitors alike. The reputation of New York City water is so renowned that some even attribute it to the exceptional quality of bagels and pizza crusts found in the city.
Read our instructions. Included with every order.
Working with our dough:
- Remove from the freezer:Take the frozen dough ball out of the freezer and transfer it to the refrigerator. Remove from original packaging place it in a covered container to prevent drying out.
- Thaw in the refrigerator:Allow the dough to thaw in the refrigerator for approximately 8-12 hours or overnight. This gradual thawing process ensures even thawing without compromising texture.
- Bring to room temperature: Once thawed in the refrigerator, remove the dough, and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour. This will bring the dough to a slightly warmer temperature, making it easier to work with.
- Proof the dough until it doubles in size.
Follow recipe instructions:
Follow the specific instructions provided in your bread recipe or use your preferred technique for proofing.
Allow ample time: Depending on the climate and other factors, it may take up to several hours for the dough to properly proof and double in size. Monitor the dough closely and be patient during the proofing process.
Shape the dough: Take the one-pound dough ball and shape it into a round or oval shape. If sticky, lightly flour your hands or the work surface. Smooth the surface by tucking the edges underneath.
- Score the bread:Use a sharp knife or razor blade to make shallow cuts on the surface of the bread. This helps with expansion while baking and creates an attractive appearance.
Now, let's move on to baking the bread:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Prepare the baking surface: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease a loaf pan.
- Bake the bread: Place the shaped and scored dough onto the prepared baking sheet or into the loaf pan, ensuring the seam side is down. Transfer to the preheated oven.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes: Bake the bread for 20-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the bread sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom. Adjust baking time as needed due to the initial freezing.
Note: Monitor baking time and temperature for optimal results.
- Cooling: Remove the bread from the oven and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely for at least 30 minutes.
- Enjoy: Slice and enjoy your freshly baked bread! Serve warm with your favorite spreads.
By following these instructions, you can successfully bake a delicious loaf of bread. Indulge in the wonderful aroma and taste of homemade bread!